Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Our New Dog

We have a new dog named Minuit. That's french for midnight and it's pronounced (by us) Minwee. I won't go into the charming reasons my teetering-on-pretentious eight year old chose the name. Suffice it to say that Minuit is a boy dog with a strangely feminine name and demeanor. Small, mostly black, looks almost exactly like a four-legged Ewok.

This dog is determined to improve us.

First of all, he demands to be walked every morning at dawn. This is, at first, terribly annoying since I'm the one groaning out of bed to doing the walking at the crack of my ass. But every time I do it, I end up profoundly grateful to the cute little monster. The mornings are beautiful and a walk is a great way to start the day.

I could go on and on about the advantages but I won't.

Secondly, Minuit chews stuff. Only expensive, important stuff such as MacBook Pro power cords. The only way we can survive is to make sure that there's nothing valuable on the floor. I'm sure that your mothers taught you better than me but don't worry, Minuit is taking up the slack.

Thanks dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment