Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Importance of Nothing

The Infernal Ewok woke me up at 5:30 this morning for his morning constitutional. As usual, reason had no effect and emotional appeals were likewise ignored. A self-centered monster of willfulness with a piercing little bark, he gets me to do what I know I should but have no desire to do.

As a result I saw the dawn sky this morning. It reminded me of the cover of the Hotel California album and that got me thinking about a bunch of things.

These things are all jumbled up in my head but they all point toward space.

Making space and appreciating spareness in creativity.

Letting the silence be.

Allow the blank space to speak.

I really want to go on and on about this but I don't have to. My message is getting through to me even as I write it.

The point is that there's a connection between a well crafted song, a well written passage and a well lived life.

I wrote down what I think the connection is but then I erased it.

It goes without saying.

1 comment: